Unique Facts : 5 Things To Know About The Busiest Airport In The World
Unique facts. According to the Airport Council International (ACI), Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) spot the first place for being the busiest airport with nearly 104 million passengers in 2017. Compiled from a total of 1.202 airports from around the world, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport serves as a major transit hub for both domestic and international travel.
Besides on being the most busiest Airport in the world, there are some other facts that you may need to know about.
1. ATL isn't the biggest airport by square mileage, other airports like Denver and Fort Worth have bigger land, but it handles more flights and passengers.
2. There are arrays of arts throughout the terminals of ATL, one of them, that you can find around the underground walkway between Concourses A and B is a virtual walk through a forest.
3. ATL has three stations of free SkyTrain people-mover around the airport, that goes from the domestic terminal to the Georgia International Convention Center and onto the airport's rental car center.
4. The SkyTrain that connects to the Georgia International Convention Center, known as Gateway Center, nearby to several hotels such as the Marriott Atlanta Gateway, Springhill Suites Gateway, and the Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway. It’s a convenient options for travelers that might be stranded in Atlanta during snowstorms.
5. If you are feeling tired and need to shut your eyes for some moment, there are sleep suites on Concourse B. It rents out small private rooms with a daybed sofa, pillows, blankets, and a TV. It will cost you $42 an hour, $8 for each 15-minute or if you have a connection flight not till 8 hours ahead, you can pay $140 for the room.